Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA 2012 Introduction



            To anyone visiting from Armchair BEA, welcome! I've answered some of the intro questions below. I look forward to visiting many of you this week. 

1.              Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I originally started my blog as I was wading in to social media with my debut YA, which is coming out in April of next year. I ended up loving blogging, though mine has ended up being more about ideas and issues in books and culture, rather than book reviews. I’ve been a teacher for the past fifteen years; I teach English, Humanities, and Media Studies. So I do a lot of thinking about the youth of America ;)
2.              What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? I am currently reading The Masque of the Red Death, and I LOVE the opening scene. It’s inspiring me as a writer to write a (much) better opening scene for my WIP.
3.              Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
My favorite holiday is Halloween. Every year, my best friend and I throw a huge Halloween party, with a theme that carries through the invitations, decorations, and costumes. Every year I spend a lot of time making a playlist for the party—all year long I keep an ear out for great new music that’s on the dark side.
I also make a new playlist for every new writing project—it’s the first thing I do.
4.              If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
Jane Austen, all the way. Depending on where this magical meal would take place, either I would get a kick out of visiting Regency England, or it would be fun to watch her head explode (metaphorically, of course) at the world of 2012.
5.              What literary location would you most like to visit?   I’ll stick to the theme and say London, 1801.



7 comments:

  1. Halloween is awesome! I've always wanted to do themed parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween is a fantastic holiday! Here in the UK we don't do a lot for it unfortunately, and these last years it's been the kick off for NaNoWriMo, but nonetheless it's a fantastic holiday!
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween is the best holiday ever! Seriously I look forward to it every year :)

    London via 1801 would be a great time to visit. It just would be so different and there would be so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, congrats on getting published!! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your book when the release date comes closer. =) Halloween is such a fun holiday! Where I live, people make a huge deal about Halloween, so it's a pretty big holiday for me.

    It was great to learn more about you! Have fun during Armchair BEA! =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the second person I've seen today who would like to dine with Jane Austen. I think that's a marvelous idea! I'd like her perspective both on her time period and ours. Wouldn't she be shocked?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween is my favourite holiday as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love October in general, but mostly because of Hallowe'en!

    And I love that you make playlists. I'm not so much into this, but thought I might start making them once in a while to go with some of my book reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete