Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Written in the Tombstone-Haunted Week Day 7


Haunted Week is hosted by Cheyenne at {This Girl Reads}



Last lines of five books...


I’m not sure if this is supposed to be a game, but I’m turning my post into one (Key's at the bottom)

These are five last lines of famous books….

 1.     “He was soon borne away by the waves and lost in darkness and distance.”

2. "I lingered round them, under that benign sky; watched the moths fluttering among the heath and hare-bells; listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.”

3.  “I took her hand in mine, and we went out of the ruined place; and as the morning mists had risen long ago when I first left the forge, so the evening mists were rising now, and in all the broad expanse of tranquil light they shoed to me, I saw no shadow of another parting with her.”

4. "Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”

5.    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”




Key 1. Mary Shelley, Frankenstein  2. Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights 3. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations 4. J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye 5. F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby


No comments:

Post a Comment